The art of life is the art of avoiding pain

-Thomas Jefferson

Monday, March 1, 2010

I am no good :(

Ok, so leaving Craftster is kinda getting to me. I miss being able to share opinions and art with people on a daily basis. So I went to look for a new forum, and with my new obsession with ATCs I thought that a forum highlighting that would be ideal. I found atcsforall.com and figured I would try it out. First I was pretty sure I would be miserable, so I asked how to delete my profile (I looked everywhere before asking). Everyone was so nice that I decided to give it a real try. A bunch of people recommended adding some cards to the trading gallery, so I set forth to make some. I decided on a Travel themed set. I got halfway through the first one and started feel anxious, like it wouldn't be good enough. By the second card I decided to stop. Art should never make me feel like this, and it never has before (even swapping for as long as I did, I almost never worried about what I made, I knew I did my best).




I don't hate them, but I don't think they would be trade worthy. I do kind of hate that I feel so unsure of myself. I said it when I started out that I made these cards for me, and trading wasn't in my plan. I should have stuck to that plan.

1 comment:

  1. Oh Amber- you should never feel this way about any art you create! The beauty is in what YOU see in it- not what others see. Many a famous artist died penniless because they couldn't sell a thing!! No one liked their work. But years later those same people think they are brilliant!! So make art for you- and believe me- there will be someone more than happy to swap with you. I know- I am a Craftster and AFA member as well.

    ReplyDelete